Like all beautiful things, our jewellery changes with time and wear. The shine of your silver will soften, gold plating will wear into an antiqued look, and textures will mellow and develop a subtle shine. These changes are a natural characteristic of the materials and are not considered faulty.
The rate at which these changes occur depend on the care they are given and the frequency they are worn.
- Remove your jewellery before showering, sleeping, swimming, cleaning or working with your hands. There are many reasons for this - to prevent scratches, to avoid damage to your silver or gold plating from chemicals, and also to keep your jewellery and gem stones free from soap residue and build up.
- Clean your jewellery regularly. To do this, dilute a small amount of mild dishwashing detergent in warm water and gently wash your jewellery. A soft bristled toothbrush can be used to gently clean the piece, though do not use a brush on Gold plated or gold vermeil items as it will damage the gold surface. Soak for up to 10 minutes, rinse and then pat dry with a clean, soft cloth. We don’t recommend using silver polishing liquids or chemical cleaners to clean our jewellery and they should never be used on gold plated/gold vermeil pieces as it will remove the plating.
- Do not expose your jewellery to perfumes, hairsprays, or creams. They can tarnish your silver and damage gold plating.
- Do not expose your jewellery to household bleaches, cleaners, chlorinated water or salt water. These chemicals will damage your silver and remove gold plating. This is why it is important to take your jewellery off before cleaning or swimming.
- Do not clean textured pieces with silver polishing cloths. The polishing compound in the cloths will blacken the texture.
If you have any concern about how to take care of our products, please contact us email@example.com for more information and we will gladly help.
Return & Exchange Policy
We gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations upon following conditions:
- Send us inquiry within: 14 days of delivery
- Ship items back to us within: 30 days of delivery
- Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged:
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, We can't accept refunds for:
- Custom or personalized orders;
- Items have been worn;
- Badly damaged products due to inappropriate care.
Little Dirty Dish will not be responsible for return shipping costs nor duty reimbursement in the case of domestic or international purchases (other than faulty items).
In the event an item goes on sale after your date of purchase, Little Dirty Dish iis not responsible for a reimbursement of the difference. This is the case for exchanges in this circumstance also.
We reserve the right to deny a return if it does not meet our returns policy.
If an item received is faulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Faulty items must be returned for assessment, and if deemed faulty, the customer will be offered a refund, exchange or credit note.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.